For a valid claim, you yourself must submit the claim and per federal law, 49 CFR section 370.3
- The claim must be submitted to your carrier in written form, electronic submission is acceptable.
- All claims must be submitted within the timetable listed on your bill of lading from your carrier, which can be anywhere from 30 days to 9 months depending on your carrier.
- Each written claim must contain sufficient facts to identify the specific shipment and items of property; this includes any missing and/or damaged items.
- The claims process must be provisioned in accordance with the valuation option you chose.
- Your carrier is required to carry cargo as well as liability protection as part of their licensing.
- It is important that you have all of the necessary information about your carrier to file a claim. We are NOT your carrier, as we did not physically perform your move, however we are always here to assist you in any way that we can.
- Please contact your carrier’s customer service to track a claim. We are not your carrier and cannot see their claims information.